Saturday, August 27, 2011

Niagara Falls Trip 2011

So the boys and I just got back from our annual vacation to Niagara Falls (the Canadian side). We had a blast!Last year I actually put myself into labour with D-Man while we were there. This year I carried him around on the outside instead.We did a lot of fun things! Ripley's Believe it Or Not, a fun Maze that Mister M was amazing at getting through, the Skywheel, and the Rainforest Cafe.We found a pretty garden and went for a walk in it.
I think it was one of the boys favourite things. They could run/crawl around to their hearts content. D-Man explored everywhere and got a girlfriend and Mister M made some new friends and played tag with some puppies!We stayed at the same hotel as last year. The Comfort Inn on Clifton Hill. Its not fancy but its affordable, clean the staff are super friendly and they have a nice pool! For two nights including fees and taxes it came to $200 3which is way less than I paid for our Toronto mini vacation). Each night and morning we went for a swim! The boys love it. Mister M would live in the water if I'd let him.We took GO Transit to get there and back, which is a nice way to travel! I only have to pay for myself (kids 5 and under are free) and since its mostly by train D-Man can be down and playing instead of strapped into a car seat. The buses are nice too. Especially since I planned our travel time around Nap time, D-Man slept on both bus rides there and back! The GO bus from Burlington to Niagara Falls was even a double Decker bus. Mister M was thrilled! Its about a 5 hour trip one way from home to Niagara Falls, but worth it for sure!That pretty much wraps up our summer this year, we might have one or two more Toronto day trips, but I've got a two day CPR/First aid course this week, my drivers test on the 1st and D-Man needs his 12 month checkup and needles on the 31st, so we're pretty busy. Hopefully I'll pass my test and be able to drive us everywhere! Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment