Monday, May 2, 2011

Life and Hair

D-Man got his first haircut today!!! Great Grandpa C is back from Florida (snowbird) and we went over there today for a visit and haircuts for Mister M, D-Man, Papa and Uncle J. Mister M loves it there, and he's awesome when he gets his hair cut.

D-Man really impressed me too. He was nursing, and almost asleep when it was his turn. I took him off the breast and he started to scream. He wasn't even really awake. Great Grandpa C started cutting his hair and I held him as still as I could. Finally I got him snuggled up against me and he completely relaxed and zoned right out as his hair was being cut. It was pretty neat!

The Canadian Election is tomorrow, and I don't care... isn't that awful. I know who I'm voting for, but I would be voting for this person regardless of Political Party because I appreciate what this person has done for my town. I hate politics, I don't want to talk about them, I don't want to hear about them lol. I wish everyone would just get their acts together and make this Country the best in the world, instead of petty arguments over how much of the budget is spent on Bic Pens or whatever they fight about :)

Onto life news! I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life. For real this time lol. I'm going to go through the steps to become a lactation consultant Midwife. I figured it will take me until I'm 30 or so, but really 7 years isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, and I'll be able to work after the first two and made decent money!
It's a little complicated, mainly because I don't have the high school credits to just get into University right away. I'm going to Fleming for Practical Nursing for two years, getting a university transfer to either Trent (still in my town) or Ryerson University in Toronto for another two years to get my Bachelors of Nursing. Once I've achieved that it's another two years at Ryerson to complete the Midwifery Education Program, and then I have to pass the exam to become a lactation consultant on top of that.
It's something I've had in the back of my mind since I had Mister-M and had such a negative experience with the lactation consultant on call, and the OB on call. I want to be able to help women who might not have the support, be able to successfully have babies and breastfeed if that's what they choose to to.
Hopefully it works out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment