Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holidays are Done!!!


Well the holiday season is over, and we survived it!!! Here's a quick re-cap of the festivities...

Christmas- The boys were spoiled rotten, as expected. They are my only kids, my siblings only nephews (no nieces at all), my parents only grandchildren, and my grandparents only great grandchildren. Basically they are the centre of the known universe. About 90% of the presents under the tree were for them, it was crazy.
They got toys, and books and clothes and bedding, you name it they got it.

I like it though, because it means that I don't have to be the one to buy those things. And as a single parent on a non-existent budget, any help is awesome. Sure they got a few things I would never have gotten them (that I know will never be used, or break super fast) but thats okay.

I even got some awesome things too, a new notebook for instance, which I'm writing this post on today... it's awesome. I need it for school and I was going to get myself this exact one in the fall.
We had a wonderful Christmas dinner on boxing day with my parents, brother and sisters. And a Christmas lunch with my Nanny on the 30th. The boys had a lot of fun, and Mister M said that this was the "best christmas ever".

Just today he came out of the living room, where he was playing on the computer, and said something that I thought was wonderful. He said how he noticed how everyone this year had the true christmas spirit, like Santa Claus. Everyone was in a good mood, nice to others, sharing, caring and took turns with things. Helped out as a family and were even nice to strangers. He said that we should do that all the time to make sure that everyone everywhere knows what it's like to have the Christmas spirit even if they don't open any presents.

New Years Eve was pretty uneventful, we made snacks, watched Firefly, and then watched the Toronto countdown and went to bed. Both boys just made it to midnight, and then crashed. It was nice to just relax as a family though.

No comments:

Post a Comment