Thursday, January 27, 2011

Decisions

I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
It's strange, I'm almost 23 (this March), I've been to college, and I'm a mother of two and I don't know what I want to do.
I know the basics of what I want from my career... money, security, amazing benefits and coverage, and to at least like my job. I've got two kids that I support entirely on my own so I need the first three things for sure. The last is just something I'm hoping for.
So far I've worked in jobs I don't like (call centres... ick) and gone to school for something it turns out I don't enjoy. So now I'm at a cross roads. What to do when D-Man turns 1...
My options are as follows: Go back to school for nursing, go back to school for business, go back to school to be a pharmacy technician, find a job and work for a year to figure out what I want to do, or win the lottery.
I'm leaning towards the pharmacy tech course, because it sounds like it would be something I would enjoy doing. The salary isn't shabby either, and I could possibly work towards becoming a pharmacist in my spare time over the next several years if it's something I enjoy. But still, I'm not totally passionate about it, its just the best out of several unsatisfactory options.
I think what I'm going to do is wait and see the acceptance letters before I worry too much. Whatever will support my boys, and give us a half decent life style will be my first priority.

On to funner things, D-Man has learned how to scream, the three of us went out for lunch after Mister M's swimming lessons and art class, and he spent the entire time screaming, squealing, yelling, and eating his toes. It was pretty cute, although he screamed into my ear a few times which wasn't pleasant.
Mister M loves his art class, I'm so glad because I wasn't sure when I signed him up for it if he would be too old for it (preschool doodle at the YMCA), or if he would be the only boy (there's 1 other boy and they're the same age!). I've still got to get him signed up for martial arts, I just have to get around to it, and fit it into D-Man's nap schedule.
I'm thinking of signing up for a class at the Y for myself and D-Man on days Mister M is in school, it's for mom's under 25 on limited income, and it's an hour exercise and than two hours in the pool with the babies. Daycare is provided for the first hour, I'm thinking that it will be good for us. Get me out of the house, meet some other moms close to my age, get back into pre-pregnancy shape (pre first pregnancy if I'm being honest), and get D-man used to being in a daycare setting, because he'll need to start daycare in September when I go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment