Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Schedule? Whats that?

So, I'm terrible at organizing my life. I mean, I make it to appointments on time (or within 10 minutes because of the baby). I get myself and my son to school on the days we need to go, at the time we need to be there (mostly... 8am classes can kiss my behind). But I don't know how to get a better schedule for just every day things.
Mister M is going through a very sensitive phase right now. Part of that is the adjustment to his brother, after being the centre of the universe for almost 5 years a new baby is quite a change, no matter how much you may love him. Part of that is his age, 5 is a big change, a lot of things happen this year. And part of that is he is just a more sensitive person that I am, or will ever be, and that's not a bad thing at all.

He's also got a temper, one of the only things he got from his bio father, the other being blood type lol. And can have quite the attitude. So I figure that getting him on a better schedule at home will help with that. But I don't know where to start.
Bedtime is a major issue, he's just like me and would willingly be up half of the night and sleep until 10am, but with school, swimming, art class and all that it isn't an option. I'm trying to get him to bed earlier than we have been, but it seems like whatever I do he's still not getting to sleep until after 10pm. D-Man isn't getting down until 12am on good days (he will go down at 10, but be back up at 1130 for another feed, and then up again at 3, 5, 7 and than again for the day between 8 and 9).
I want Mister M in bed and asleep by 9, and D-Man by 8. I've been trying different things, so far no success but I've heard of a few books so since I read a new book almost every day anyways I figure I'll grab them and try it out... the worst that can happen is everything stays the same... hopefully.
I need to start now though, because once I'm back in school full time I can't afford to be fighting with M over bed, and trying to break D's bad habits. I'm pretty good at sticking to my budget that I write down for the month so maybe if I write a schedule down I'll be better at sticking with it than just thinking about it.
I don't know... I'll read the books, do a bit more research online and see how it goes... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment