Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Well it's now December 28 and our Christmas celebrations are now over! The boys had a wonderful time this year!
On Christmas Eve we went out for a fancy dinner with my Dad, brother, sister and her fiancée, my other sister and my Nan (my dad's mom). We went to Element's restaurant in Peterborough. It was really nice. D-Man and I split pork tenderloin stuffed with roasted chestnuts, on a bed of apple coulis with seasonal vegetables. Mister M had some delicious grouper (fish) breaded with panko and miso, served with broad beans and rice. For dessert we had a chocolate mousse cake served with a blackberry sauce... sooooo good! We exchanged gifts there too.Then when we got home the boys got to open our traditional Christmas eve presents, new PJ's and a Christmas book to read together. This year's book was Dr Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. One of my favourites! The boys loved it too.


Then Christmas morning they got up and opened their stockings. I'm not sure if Mister M really believes in Santa, or just the magic but he was sooooo excited to get what he had asked for. {In our house Santa only fills the stockings, nothing else. They get to ask for 1 smaller thing from him in their letter/e-mail and that's what they will get sitting beside their stocking on the couch. I do this because I don't want my kids to feel bad for not getting an Xbox from Santa when the bully down the street does. I also want them to be grateful for all the love and time their friends and family put into choosing the perfect gift for them.}We then had the entire day to sit around and wait. My sister and her fiancée had Christmas morning at his grandparents, my mom was sleeping (she works nights) and my dad had to work until 4 (turns out he was an hour late too). So we waited until everyone was there before starting gifts.The boys had a great time! D-Man really got the hang of ripping the paper off of the presents! Mister M got pretty much everything he asked for, and then some! They were pretty spoiled!D-Man really didn't understand the whole Christmas thing yet, but Mister M made sure to thank everyone for their gifts and hug them when he was excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment