Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beginning of Summer

So we've had some exciting things happen around here so far this summer.
Mister M is mastering reading! He's doing so well, it's awesome. D-Man has had his first real haircut, you'll be able to see more in pictures. I did it myself at home! I've never cut a babies hair before. I'm almost completely ready to start school in the fall, just need one more thing and I'm set.The boys had a blast at our Canada day celebrations, we went to the parade and the multi-cultural food festival. We've gone to the beach a few times with our good friend RPN-D. He's such an amazing friend, he's great with the boys, Mister M loves him, and he was even in the room when D-Man was born. Both boys love the beach! We go to Sandy Beach in Buckhorn Ontario, it's awesome. We went yesterday, and went to the restaurant there. It's so nice to be able to get out and do things with friends! It's hard to be a mom sometimes, when all your friends don't have kids it's easy to lose touch. It happened to me after Mister M was born, but luckily this time I've kept my best friends, and it's wonderful.
We've got some exciting plans for the rest of the summer too. For sure more beach trips, a trip to Burleigh Falls, some country drives with my Dad.

We're going to Toronto for the weekend of the 29th for some fun! We've got a get together with some moms from my birth group, then we'll be staying at a hotel for the night, going to the Toronto Zoo the next day, all day, and staying at the hotel again the next day! It's going to be a lot of fun, Mister M is thrilled about it. At the end of the summer we're going on our annual vacation to Niagara Falls for three days. We went last year and had a blast, I was still pregnant with D-Man at the time (actually went into labour on the way home lol).
I went to my college today to write my english and math assessments, it's so boring :( But it's done, and I got a tour from my friend RPND who was a student in the same course I'm taking there last year. So he was able to show me everywhere I needed to go for my classes, and I even got to meet a professor. It's nice to know somewhat how to get around. I've got to get an affidavit for OSAP stating that I'm a sole support parent and my kids live with me year round, hand in all my information to the Financial Aid office, and I'm good to go for the year! I can't wait to get started. It'll be super hard to leave D-Man, but it will be nice to be out and interacting with adults again. I kind of missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment