Saturday, February 19, 2011

Randomness

Well it's been quite a while since I've posted on here. I've got several things to talk about though so over the next few days I'll hopefully have a couple new blogs.

Today is all about the random stuff that's been happening in our lives. D-Man is 6 months old today!!! We're going to try solids for the first time at dinner and see how that goes. I'm excited, it'll be nice to be able to give him a baby mummum when he's fussing while we're out, instead of having to nurse right away. I'm still going to be breastfeeding though. I nursed Mister M for 19.5 months and I'm going to try to at least go to 18 months with D-Man.
Mister M has lost his two bottom teeth! It's exciting to see him so proud of his new grown-up teeth. He's been showing everyone he meets. D-Man is getting his first tooth too, it's finally broken through the gum, and now you can almost see it, you sure can feel it though.

Mister M went on a field trip the other day to Camp Kawartha, they did all kinds of outdoor activities, learned about the water cycle and pretended to be squirrels, he had a blast. I didn't go with him because I was at home with D-Man, but I feel bad, I never had my mom or dad with me on trips because they we're at home with my younger siblings or working (well just my dad, my mom was a SAHM until I was 13). I can remember wanting them there and I didn't have that, I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to do a couple of trips because D-Man will be in daycare and I'll be back in school so I won't be busy all day (and I'm totally willing to play hookie to go on a field trip lol).

Mister M's swimming lessons are going well, he's getting better each time, I'm thinking of putting him in two times a week starting next session (so early March) it'll cost me a bit more, but I think he'll really like it. I'm also signing D-Man and I up for baby and me swimming lessons. It'll be nice to get him used to the pool early and hopefully by the summer he'll be excited to have his own kiddy pool in the backyard. Now all I have to do is find a bathing suit that fits and, more importantly, doesn't make me look like I'm still pregnant.... eek.

I've been trying to lose weight, get in shape that kind of thing. So far I've lost 5lbs... which is okay, but since I've been sick (we all got the cold thats been going around) I haven't been doing my workouts, so I'm not progressing as well as I should be. But starting this week I'm going to get back into it, D-Man is starting to take a 30 min nap every morning, so I'm going to do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred during that time, because start to finish it's 30 minutes. Hopefully I'll see some results soon! Or win the lottery and screw working out, tummy tuck and lipo it all away lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment